What is the ISO 29001 Oil and Gas Standard?
The oil, gas and petrochemical industry is one of the most exposed to catastrophic risks. If the hazardous liquids and gases are improperly managed, they can inflict significant damage on the environment and people. A high level of operational integrity, sound practices, processes and system are needed in this to safely operate. ISO 29001 provides platform and method to reach this excellence and assure stakeholders of safe operations.
SO/TS 29001 defines the quality management system requirements for the design, development, production, installation and service of products for the petroleum, petrochemical and natural gas industries.
This standard was developed in partnership between ISO and the international oil and gas industry (led by the American Petroleum Institute - API). ISO/TS 29001 specifically focuses on the oil and gas industry and its supply chain.
The ISO/TS 29001 standard is based on ISO 9001 and incorporates supplementary requirements relating to defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste from service providers.
These requirements provide global consistency and improved assurance in the supply quality of goods and services from providers. This is particularly important when the failure of goods or services have severe ramifications for the companies and industries involved like that of Oil & Gas. ISO/TS 29001 standard is for all organizations working within the oil and gas industry supply chain. Certification to ISO/TS 29001 ensures standardization and improvement of the company processes & supply chain management and control.
Main sections (clauses) of ISO 9001:2008 address requirements relating to:
- Quality Management System & its Control
- Management Functions & Responsibility
- Resource Management including Personnel, facilities/equipment & work environment;
- Product Realization (requirements for all processes involved in making a product or delivery of service)
- Measurement Analysis and Improvement
Benefits of ISO 29001 Certification:
- Gain confidence of stakeholders & public on sound and safe business practices
- Increase contracts and prospects
- Improve risk management and performance
- Helps to establish controls and improvement of product/service quality & reliability
- Improve quality and reduce waste
- Enhance company image in the market and public
TO SEE CERTIFIATION PROCESS FLOW CHART: Please Select The Link Below
FOR QUOTE REQUEST: Please either complete the application below and submit at DAS@dascertificationusa.com
Or send us an email Or send us request through the link “Contact Us” above